The time has finally come for the Graduate Student Organization (GSO) Elections 2013-2014.
There are a total of ten (10) vacant GSO Executive positions, and both 1st and 2nd year students are eligible to apply for any position. However, each individual can apply for only one position. The 10 positions are as follows:
1. President (1 person)
2. Vice President (1 person)
3. Secretary (1 person)
4. Public Relation Affairs Officer (3 people)
5. External Affairs Officer (1 person)
6. Social Affairs Officer (1 person)
7. Dorm Affairs (2 people)
8. Sports Affairs (1 person)
The election will be held on Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 at the MLIC 3rd Floor from 7:30pm. Each candidate will be required to give a short speech (maximum 5 minutes) on his/her motivation and reasons for applying for a particular position. This is a great opportunity for students to really get connected with IUJ as a member of the GSO.
For transparency, all current GSO-EC members will NOT participate in this election, except for voting. The GSO Election Committee will be in charge of organizing all aspects of the election.
Students who want to rent Ski Sets are required to send an email request to GSO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedure to Rent Ski Set
1. You can rent Ski set only when you send email to GSO, at least a day beforeyour scheduled date to Ski.
2. You can rent Ski equipment for only one night. For example, if you rent on the night of January 15th, it should be returned on January 16th night.
3. GSO will request you to receive equipment through and e-mail at SD3 lounge between 7:30am and 7:45pm after your request has been accepted.
4. Please come to SD3 lounge to return it between 7:10 and 7:25pm.
※If you cannot come by any reasons, please fill out the reason when you request on the same time.
※Only off campus students can return Ski within 2 days, thus when there are stocks.
※This rule for off campus students are not applied for two free lift tickets of Hakkaisan Roku which GSO has.
5. Since there are limited numbers of the Ski equipment, you can borrow a maximum of 2 equipment’s.
6. We serve you on first come, first served bases.
Our order of distributing Ski sets depends on a methodical list of who sends the first request. If there is no extra equipment, you may not borrow even though you request.
7. In case, an equipment is broken or lost, please e-mail GSO immediately.
Ski equipment’s are very expensive and not easy to acquire, students are encouraged to take very good of equipment.
For efficient communication with all Faculty, Staff and Students GSO provides an email forwarding service. Students can request GSO to forward e-mail to all three categories mentioned without stress.
We forward emails for lost or found items, club activity, religious activity, GSO event etc. Meanwhile GSO reserves the right to screen all mails and decide whether or not to forward a particular mail. This we do in order to protect the image of the school and the interest of students. Students are encouraged to send precise and understandable mails void of any form of unpleasantness for onward forwarding.
GSO has got supplies and some rental equipment for students. With one simple call or e-mail to Dorm Affairs Officers at email@example.com students can request to use the GSO equipments available.
Students request are welcomed at least 2 days before delivery of equipment and will be required to fill the request form to be submitted to Dorm Affairs Officers on the day you pick up the item.
|Rental for Cooking||Entertainment|
|Pot middle size||BBQ stove||-Bartending set|
|-Pot small size||-Grill||Ice cooler box|
|-Stainless Pot big size||-Tongs||-Karaoke set|
|-Stainless Pot middle size||-Lids’||-Stand light|
|-Stainless Pot small size||-Bowl||-Disco light|
|-Kettle||-Chinese frying pan||-white light|